Monday, April 7, 2008

A Letter To The Streets of Madison

Dear Streets,
Hi. How are you? No really, how ARE you?

I know it's been a really hard winter. It has for all of us. I understand it has been especially difficult for you with all the salt and sand and those heavy snow plows running on you day after day. Not to mention the ice that was just stuck on you for months at a time. It was bad. I know. Try not to think about it.
But um, well this is awkward but, Streets, honey, you are falling apart and I'm worried. Truly worried.
Today on the way to work, I hit a pot hole the likes of the Grand Canyon. When I hit it, it sounded like a gun shot hit the car. I don't really need to tell you how Blade is in a very fragile state these days and he doesn't need this added stress.
I guess I'm just asking and pleading for you to hang on. You are strong! You are CONCRETE for God's sake! Don't you forget that! Don't wither away before those handsome worker men can get out there and repair you. Hold on to what you got! You can do it. I know you can.

Sincerely,
A Believer In the Strength of the Streets!

*Constantly counseling the inanimate objects in my life is getting to be exhausting. I'm like the Dr. Phil of all things not real.

No comments: