Sunday, May 18, 2008

Hi. My Name Is Becky and I Survived My Son's Birthday Party.

Ben had his friend birthday party yesterday.

His actual birthday isn't until next Saturday but being the shrewd planner that he is (I wonder where he got that from) he decided to have his "friend" party one weekend and then his family birthday party the next weekend, on his real birthday.
Therefore extending his birthday for a full week. No one said this kid was dumb.

Ben wanted to have his party at a local bowling alley with 10 of his closest friends. Sadly (thank god!) three couldn't make it. So it was just 8 of the most well behaved, calm, sweet bunch of kids.


They all sat quietly with their hands folded in their laps, patiently waiting for their turn to bowl. They didn't speak out of turn and they said their "please's" and "thank you's" at all times.



It was a lovely and modest affair.




Educational and useful gifts were given. And all the children sat still and very quiet as the shy birthday boy opened these wise gifts.




I would like to take a moment to publicly thank my friends Shelly and Emily for their strength, generosity, for not leaving me alone with the Wild Things and mostly for their sheer ability to make the insane, somewhat sane. Because of them, I didn't run out of the bowling alley, arms flailing wildly, screaming obscenities as I played hopscotch on the busy street outside.

I believe for Ben's 9th Birthday I will suggest that he can take one very special friend to the library. Where if they are very good, they can each check out TWO BOOKS!

2 comments:

Godless Sunday said...

Such a good post.

Shannon said...

You're a brave, brave woman.

Happy Birthday, Ben!