Saturday, May 3, 2008

A Letter To The Lame Duck

Dear G Dub,

I got your money today. Yes I'm one of the fortunate people who's social security number ends with 01. My parents always told me to send thank you notes for gifts so, considers this yours.

Thanks.

But I have to say... even though you gave me some money I still don't like you. I never have, I never will. In fact, according to a recent poll, I'm not alone in my thoughts. Turns out you are the most unpopular President in modern American history. This news does warm the cockles of my heart. And you giving me this money doesn't make me like you one bit more. Yes, it's nice but the truth is, it's not going to help the economy or me AT ALL. You do know this right?

I know you aren't very smart and you are completely not in touch with reality so this might be a dumb question but um, have you seen the price of gas!? It now costs me over $50 to fill up my car. Have you seen the cost of produce in the stores? Well of course you haven't so I'll just tell you, they are HIGH!

I was seriously contemplating about putting this money in savings until Obama becomes president (saying a silent prayer right now...) but the truth is, I can't. Thanks to you, my budget for gas and groceries is totally out of whack, I have a cute boy's birthday to throw this month and I have a car that is trying to commit suicide.

So Mr. President, you'll get my money, but I won't like giving it to you. Oh and just for spite, I'm going to use a small amount of it to donate to Obama's campaign and then save some to use when he is in office. It won't be much but it will be my personal way of stickin' it to da man!

Say hi to Laura and the twins for me.

Hugs and Kisses,
Me

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love your letters Becky.

Anonymous said...

Here here! There's something very wrong with the guy when I have to choose between filling up my gas tank or getting groceries for the week!