Monday, April 14, 2008

Does He Know Something I Don't Know...

When picking up Ben from my parents house today he came running at me full speed ahead and gave me the biggest hug the little guy could muster.
"MOMMY!"
"Hi Cutie!"
"MOMMY! You are leaving tomorrow!!" he said while still hugging.
"Honey, I'm just going for one night. I'll be back on Wednesday. I'll even be back in time to take you to soccer practice."
"But I'm going to miss you soooo much!"

[In the car on the way home]

"What do you want for dinner? Mac and cheese and green beans or mini corn dogs?"
"Um, what's the other choice?"
"There is no other choice"
and then mustering up his best dramatic voice "But Moooom, this is out last night together. Let's go out to eat!"
"Honey, I just got back from the gym. I'm all sweaty and gross"
"But we need to make this night SPECIAL. Please!"
"Wow, really? Honey, it's ONE night. It's like having a sleep over at Grandma and Grandpa's house."
"But it's longer than that. It's like 1 1/2 days!!!"
"Fine, how about Subway?" (Trainer Bob would be so proud)
"and then Dairy Queen, Mommy?"
DOH! Scooby Doo hypnotized eyes. Did someone say DQ?!!?
"OK!"
"Then we will go home and snuggle."
"Dude! We are SO getting DQ!"
"You're kinda weird Mom."

You might be thinking to yourself, "Wow that kid just played her like a fiddle."
Oh no Grasshopper. I don't have to cook dinner, therefore there are no dishes to do, AND I'm getting me some DQ! Who wins NOW!?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

would trainer bob be proud of DQ??? and where are you going?

Becky said...

Ok no he wouldn't but he would be proud that I couldn't finish my small blizzard.

My mom and I are going to Chicago for my nephew's haircutting ceremony. Don't worry, I'll blog about it!