Friday, June 6, 2008

"I'm Asking You To Believe..."

From CNN's Quick Vote on June 5th 2008

Which presumptive nominee will win the presidency in November?
Sen. John McCain 40% 62847
Sen. Barack Obama 60% 92679

Total Votes: 155526


p.s. let this be your official warning that you will be reading a lot about my man Obama on this blog from now until November. I fell in love with him in 2004 when he spoke at the Democratic National Convention. I'll never forget, stopping in my tracks, listening to his inspiring speech and then saying out loud to myself "Oh my god! Who is this guy?" I called my mom immediately and said "Are you listening to this? He's amazing!!"

I truly believe in everything he speaks of. I honestly believe he is what this country desperately needs. He will heal us and bring this country hope and the change that we so eagerly need.
So when yesterday as my son and I were buying birthday presents for his weekend of consecutive birthday parties, I heard a stock clerk going off about how "all he does is talk about 'change'. Well WHAT change? Stop talking about the word 'change' and tell us what you want to change."
Because I still want my kid to think I'm cool for a least a couple more years, I didn't march over to him and start listing off all of Obama's great ideas and plans to fix this broken country. Nor did I yell "Go to his website you idiot!" But I really wanted to. And next time, I just might.

When Obama ran for the presidency, I was thrilled. When he recently clinched the nomination, I was over the moon. Therefore, between now and November 4th, I'm going to do all I can to make sure Senator Obama becomes the 44th President of the United States. So if that means inundating you all with images and quotes and stats, so be it. If you think I worked hard for Kerry in 2004, WATCH OUT!

You have been warned.

No comments: